Benefits of Joining Soroptimist
- You would be helping with your community and global projects benefiting women and girls.
- The opportunity to network with other member on projects and create lifelong friendships.
- Work with community girls and adult women to provide services and awards with the goal to better their lives.
- Opportunities to set direction as a board member or committee chair as you grow with Soroptimist.
- Employers and educational institutions recognize community service as valuable asset on your resume
SICSC meets as a club three times a month on Tuesdays from September to June at 12 pm at the Hilton Garden Inn in Fairfield or virtually on Zoom in the event of Covid restrictions. We do require COVID vaccination in order to attend meetings in person.
- Participation in fundraising events is a requirement of membership. Each person is asked to support fundraising projects by both participating in planning and by attending the events.
- Club members are also encouraged to sell tickets to events to friends, family, and other community members.
- Annual dues are collected each spring. Dues paid support programs for Soroptimist of the Americas (SIA), the Soroptimist Founder Region and our local club, Soroptimist International of Central Solano County (SICSC).
- Each member must serve on one planning committee (fundraising, philanthropy, member services, communications/outreach). All members must assist with tasks as requested for each Club major and small fundraising event.
- Each member must participate in new member recruitment by inviting others to SICSC events and/or meetings.
- Each member must support community service projects by donating items or funds as requested for specified projects.
- Club members are encouraged, but not required to attend regional and Federation meetings (a portion may be paid by the Club).
Meals at Meetings
- Meal or refreshment cost is to be the responsibility of each attending member. Each member must notify the attendance committee by Monday at 10 a.m. preceding the scheduled Club meeting by reserving your attendance.
We encourage prospective members to attend three meetings before deciding to join. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on meeting times and place.
Ready to join?
Please fill out our Application and email to email@example.com.